| GOVJOBS Job
Job Code: 001
|General Description: Highly responsible administrative work in directing the overall operation of the Building Inspection Division.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Participates in the development and implementation of policies and procedures, and rules and regulations in accordance with State and Federal requirements. Directs and coordinates major program activities, including the Permitting and Plan Review process, along with functional operability. Supervises the review of plans and Specifications prior to the issuance of permits. Reviews and evaluates divisional activities to ensure efficiency and effectiveness. Holds regular training sessions for employees. Keeps self and employees up-to-date- on all new code revisions. Maintains standard operating procedures manual. Maintains contacts with other regulatory agencies. Prepares and recommends budget for the division. Supervises expenditures. Makes special studies on a variety of problems and projects. Prepares reports. Performs related work as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of laws and regulations governing the trades.
• Ability to plan, organize, direct, and coordinate the work of several different groups of employees.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering designs and specifications.
• Ability to inspect construction projects and determine that work is done in accordance with plans and specifications.
• Ability to make investigations and enforce laws with tact, firmness, and impartiality. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with contractors, building owners, officials, associates, and the general public.
• Ability to maintain complex records and make technical reports.
• Ability to operate a computer.
• One of more of the following certifications is preferred: Florida Sterling Examiner, Baldrige Examiner, or Kaizen (Lean Six Sigma).
PHYSICAL SKILLS: Requires working outdoors occasionally. Must be able to operate a motor vehicle. Requires standing, walking, climbing stairs, and bending. Ability to communicate effectively using verbal, written and visual communication.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree, and ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in building construction or inspection work, including five (5) years in a supervisory/management position.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS: Certification in accordance with Chapter 468, Florida Statutes as a Building Code Administrator. Must possess a valid driver's license.
|Must be a Licensed Building Official per the FL Statute 468 requirements
|FRS Participant, Medical, Dental, PTO, LTD and Life insurance paid 100% for employee